terça-feira, agosto 23, 2005

Ninhos de cucos: Vincent, o dentista.


(ou das coisas que não lembram ao menino Jesus mas lembram ao Woody Allen)

“If the impressionists had been dentists

Dear Theo,

Will life never treat me decently? I am wracked by despair! My head is pounding. Mrs. Sol Shwimmer is suing me because I made her bridge as I felt it and not to fit her ridiculous mouth! That’s right! I can’t work to order like a common tradesman! I decided her bridge should be enourmous and billowing, with wild explosive teeth flaring up in every direction like fire! Now she is upset beacuse it won’t fit in her mouth! She is so bourgeois and stupid, I want to smash her! I tried forcing the false plate in but it sticks out like a star burst chandelier. Still, I find it beautiful. She claims she can’t chew! What do I care whether she can chew or not! Theo, I can’t go on like this much longer! I asked Cézanne if he would share an office with me, but he is old and infirm and unable to hold the instuments and they must be tied to his wrists but then he lacks accuracy and once inside a mouth he knocks out more teeth than he saves. What to do?

Vincent"

Woody Allen, Complete Prose