terça-feira, outubro 25, 2005

Gostar de Woody Allen é coisa de gente deprimida III



GA:The last time we spoke was at the release of Celebrity and I wondered if you felt that becoming very well known yourself has also been problematic for you - even here when we came in tonight there were lots of people who wanted to touch your clothes, get your autograph, just to see you, whatever.
WA:I don't like anybody touching my clothes. For me it was a problem when it first started. I've gotten much better at it, but it depends on one's natural personality. I have colleagues - other comedians I know, that started with me, and were very graceful about it right from the start. The minute they went on television and got known they could walk down the street and they enjoyed the acclaim and they could walk into a restaurant and people would clap and they would like it. I CRINGED. I had a very tough time with it, and I've gotten much better at it over the years, but it's not something that came natural to me. I was a writer, and when one chooses to be a writer, psychologically there's a reason for that because you like the isolation and you like to be by yourself and you are by nature timid. And so I had a tough time with that and I've gotten better at it but it's not my strong suit at all.
Entrevista de Woody Allen ao The Guardian/NFT
O Woody Allen não gosta de ser celébre. Não gosta que lhe toquem na roupa e que batam palmas quando entra nos restaurantes. Nem eu. Era chato. Mas felizmente nunca ninguém me fez isso. E passa o Manhattan no Hollywood por estes dias, e o Jurassic Park e um dos trezentos filmes que se chamam Rambo. Há de tudo. O Manhattan é, obviamente, muito melhor que o Celebridades. Embora o Celebridades tenha momentos e o Leo Dicaprio e um cameo do Mark Vander Loo. O Kenneth Branagh, no Celebrity, faz lembrar um Woody Allen depois de um AVC. Foi de propósito, bem sei. O Woody Allen já não tinha idade para o papel principal, por mais que o maquilhassem ficava sempre forçado fazer um personagem de quarenta anos. E ainda mais tendo como interesse romântico a Famke Jamsen (raio de nome). A Famke (Bonnie) atira o manuscrito do Kenneth (Lee) ao rio, original sem cópias do livro que lhe levou a vida inteira a escrever e que seria, supostamente, a sua obra prima. Irrecuperável. A coisa mais importante da vida dele. Teoria da retribuição. Lei de Talião. Atira o manuscrito com ele a ver. Atira-o quando descobre que ele a traiu com a desenxabida da Winona Ryder. O Celebrity vale, entre muitas outras coisas, por ter a mais perversa vingança feminina motivada por dor de corno da história do cinema.